The Wood Queen ~ Australian Cover

We interrupt the frantic work on Moth revisions to show you the striking cover that Random House Australia have created for The Wood Queen. Thanks to all the lovely people ‘down under’ who worked on this, and especially to Adiba Oemar who sent me the final version last night. I will say that I’ve also seen the back and spine of the book (though it’s not quite finished yet), and the whole thing is beautiful. The back cover is so pretty!

But, anyway… Here’s the front:

(Click to embiggen – you’ll be able to see Donna’s tattoos better.)

This entry was posted in Books Glorious Books, Publishing and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to The Wood Queen ~ Australian Cover

Re. Wood Queen cover (Australia) – why yes, I am answering my comments from 3 weeks ago… *shifty eyes*

The more I look at it, the more I like it. 🙂

1. music_lover3 says:

I like it, it’s very pretty!

Thank you, m’dear!

2. Brian Kell says:

It’s pretty sweet… I like her arm and the floating flora… though I do prefer the US version.

I love them both and definitely like how pretty this one is. But I am particulaly fond of how strong Donna looks on the front of the US cover – and it shows an Actual Scene from the book really well. 🙂

3. Firewolf says:

It’s beautiful 🙂

4. Carolin says:

Super gorgeous. LOVE it! 😀

I am having lots of cover luck!! 🙂

5. Kate says:

She looks like a redhead. As a redhead, I approve. YOU MAY NOW INFORM THEM OF MY APPROVAL

Redheads are awesome. This is a True Fact of the Universe.

6. Isabel says:

*takes a deep breath* Okay. I have just two things to say.

1. Look, your name is so BIG, Karen!! 😀

2. Um… I just love it. She’s gorgeous. THIS COVER IS GORGEOUS!! So jealous of the Australians! Also, it’s so different from TIW…

LOVE it. Congratulations, Kaz!! <3

1. Haha!! It is! That’s so true. I hadn’t even thought of that… 🙂

2. It’s very different from TIW, which is probably why not all the publishers of the trilogy will go for this look. Often, a publisher likes the books to have a similar ‘look’ – do you know what I mean? This is quite a departure, but I still really love it.

7. Petra says:

Great cover! I love all the green.

I love the green, too!

8. Pingback: 8 New Covers (Aguirre, Arthur, Crewe, Kane, Keaton, Mahoney, McGuire, Roth) | Tez Says

9. Ooh pretty! You keep getting really lucky with your covers! 🙂

I am VERY lucky. 🙂

10. Megha says:

*sniffs*

It’s…. it’s…. IT’S BEAUTIFUL!!

*sobs*

Aww… Megha, don’t cry. 😉

11. Shanna says:

Oh my – that cover is extremely gorgeous!!!
    Completely different from the other version but I find both beautiful and very fitting.
    I can’t wait to read the book! Only 4 months away *yay*!

I can’t believe how close it is!! Also, I’m glad you like both – I love them both for different reasons. 🙂

12. This is SUCH a beautiful cover. It will catch a lot of attention for sure. Congrats!!!

Thanks so much for commenting. 🙂 I think it’ll do well in the Australian marketplace. It’s much smaller over there, and one of the bestselling YA series is by Lauren Kate (FALLEN, etc.) which has the girl-in-ballgown sort of cover.

13. Laura says:

That.
    Is.
    SO PRETTY.

Makes me glad I’m going to have this cover….It’s going to look awesome on my shelf.

Thanks for taking a look and for supporting the series. I mean it, that’s so lovely to hear. 🙂

14. Tasnim says:

I love this cover!
    She’s so gorgeous!!!
    I love all your books Karen they are AMAZING! 😉
    The story itself is a massive twist full of wander —>Love it!!
    Is the next cover going to have Xan on it ???
    I am so excited about the next book, the Demon Stone. I am sure the cover of the final book will be extra ordinary like all the others <3