Buffy & Angel in 4 minutes

One of the best fan-made trailers I have ever seen, this is almost 4 minutes but worth every second. Brilliantly put together by carsmellborp, it actually made me want to watch both my boxsets of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel all over again. Both of these shows played a HUGE part in my development as a writer. I started watching Buffy way back when it began it’s second season on the BBC here in the UK – now I feel old. 😉

If you’ve never watched either show (crazy people), this might make you wish you had. It’s not even all that spoilery, because you won’t know what’s going on in most scenes. And there’s great use of music, too.

Enjoy!

18 Comments

1. I say “five by five” all the time and feel gratified when people know what I am talking about.

1. You can always say “five by five” to me, baby.

2. Oh I had not seen this before. I miss these shows so so much. There is nothing that compares. I still giggle when I see Nathan Fillion as Caleb, he was the best villain!! Thanks for sharing!

1. It’s so funny to see Nathan F. there! I actually forgot he was in Buffy until I saw that clip again. Silly me… How could I forget? 😉

Thanks for stopping by!

3. I’m still upset the way Angel was cancelled!

Buffy changed the way I watched television and influenced me in ways I can’t even explain. Awesome sauce of a video.

A bunch of us were talking about our favorite Buffy episodes. Mine has to be Hush and Once More, with Feeling.

1. There are just way too many favourites, but I agree that both of your choices would be in my Top 10. Also, ‘The Body’ and ‘The Gift’… I love that Season 5 finale. *sniff*

4. Because of Buffy, I call the antagonists in all my novels the Big Bad in my notes and to my critique partners!

1. I love that Buffy had such an effect on ALL of us. I do similar things. In that recent revision/rewrite of The Wood Queen I did, Editor B. caught me out on a couple of Buffy references I’d slipped in… Heh.

5. JESUS CHRIST. THAT WAS INTENSE. WOW.

1. Hahaha!! Best response of the day. 🙂

1. 😉 Made me wish somebody had told me about those shows before! They look so good!! 😀 I was pretty blown away by the trailer…

6. Dude, that was amazing! I think I am going to have to break out the Buffy DVD’s now and have a little marathon! Thanks for sharing 🙂

1. That’s just how I felt! I love that we’re all feeling the Buffy love today. 🙂

One day, I will re-watch everything and blog about it. Um… one day. When I have more time. *shifty eyes*

7. *wails* I want to watch them all over again and I do not have the time!

Hush is the greatest episode. And Smile Time. *laughs* Epic puppety win.

8. OMG wow that rocks. Thanks so much for sharing. Makes me want to dig out my Buffy sets too 🙂 I haven’t watched much Angel, but I might have to eventually.

Julie

9. Wonderful video!

I love going back and watching these shows — heaven forbid if Netflix ever removes them from my streaming cue! Okay, so I have all the Buffy DVD’s so it wouldn’t be the end of the world, but then I’d have to get up and put in DVD’s!

My favorites are: Once More With Feeling (just to hear Spike sing!) and Smile Time. Oh, I’ve got to go watch them now.

Thanks for sharing. Now, if only I can make my own stories become the cult classics Buffy and Angel are. Oh, and let’s not forget Dr. Horribles Sing Along Blog also by Joss.

Dawn