BEDJ #5: a new book!

(BEDJ is my attempt to blog each day of January to celebrate the release of The Iron Witch)

The fabulous Agent M gave me the go-ahead to share some good news:

We sold a third book in ‘The Iron Witch Saga’!*

I’m particularly happy about this, as when we initially sold two books to Flux I always had three books in mind. I wasn’t sure, but I thought there would at least be a trilogy. Beyond a third book? I can’t say… Not yet, anyway. Not because it’s a secret! I just won’t know for sure until I write Book 3 if that’s going to be it. I suspect it might be the natural end to Donna’s main story arc, but we also have to see how well people like the first couple of books before any Big Decisions are made. 😉

So, this means we have:

The Iron Witch (Jan 2011)
The Wood Queen (Jan/Feb 2012)
The Stone Demon (2013) —> Huzzah!

I’ve had an image sitting on my computer for a while that represents someone in that third book… the book I wasn’t even sure I’d get the chance to write:

He appears at the end of The Wood Queen… *is mysterious* I won’t say any more for now, but he’s pretty cool (and not necessarily good) and is going to be great fun to write! 🙂

*‘The Iron Witch Saga’ is the series title that both Flux and Random House are using, so I’m going with it! It’s very dramatic. Heh.

35 Comments

1. Yay! Congratulations, Kaz! I’ve put The Iron Witch on my January Must-Read List. 🙂

2. Woohoo!!!! Massive congrats Kaz, that’s awesome news!!!! Also, I’m loving the series title!

Love the picture too, I’m very curious…

3. Yay! Congratulations!!
    Oh, he looks creepy. I’m glad for you that you’ll get to (hopefully) finish Donna’s story.

1. Good! He is MEANT to look creepy! 😉

I do think 3 books is right – I don’t want to push forward the sake of it (assuming I get the chance, of course). But I love trilogies…

4. WoooooooooooooooooooooooooT!! Fabulous news!! *does the mega happy dance for you and offers bubbly* We’ll have to do the real stuff next time I’m up in the smoke 😀

1. You are so awesome. *hugs* Thank you!! And I really and truly am sending you rewriting energy. I’ll share a bit of mine with you. I’m sure you will do well on your retreat. Take deep breaths, remember to take some time for REST. Walk and think about the book.

You’ll do fine. I am cheering you on, Steph.

Kaz
      xo

5. Oh, sweet! Congratulations.

I’ve found that selling two books is kind of… awkward. Like, am I writing a duology or what? lol Glad to hear we get to read a trilogy.

1. *hugs* Thanks, dudette. Yes – that’s exactly how I felt!! Hehe…

Also, thank you for the email. 😉 I will reply, I promise.

6. Um. He is good looking.

Margarittas all around!

The Stone Demon. I like that. Does that mean he is a gargoyle?

7. Huge congratumalations Ms. Mahoney – so happy and so proud of you. Well done. 😀

8. Congrats on the book deal! That’s great news! : )

And is that Jonathan Rhys Meyers in the picture? It looks like him in his Gormenghast days. Whoever he is, he’s gorgeous – looking forward to reading about him!