BEDM* #12: happy birthday, adele!

It’s the wonderful Adele from Persnickety Snark‘s birthday on 13th May. She is teaching in Japan at the moment – usually she’s at home in Australia. I think/hope it’s the morning in Japan right now; this time difference thing gets really confusing…

Thanks to Adiba Oemar, children’s publishing goddess from Random House in Australia (we met through THE ETERNAL KISS, yay!) for coming up with this plan. I was more than happy to open up my blog to post these videos and send Adele lots of happy birthday wishes. She’s such a lovely person and she’s passionate about YA lit and the blogging community.

First up, Adiba herself, who wanted to say:

Otanjoubi omedetou gozaimasu I hope you have an amazing birthday, don’t party too hard!! I can’t wait for you to see the rest of the videos, you are going to love them πŸ™‚

Happy Birthday!!!

BIG thanks to Karen for letting me post on her site, she’s amazing!** Check out her new story in Kiss Me Deadly out August 2010 (Australia).

Next up, fabulous Kristi (a.k.a. The Story Siren):

And here is the awesome Elizabeth Scott:

The one and only Melissa Walker:

And… me! I totally rambled – sorry, it’s really long. LOL! But hey, this is my first ever vlog. Fear me! *g* Now I know how to do these things, who knows what could happen:

There could be some more birthday messages floating around out there – if so, I’ll edit this post and link to them.

HAVE A GREAT DAY, ADELE!! πŸ™‚

*Blog Every Day May is my attempt to blog each day of May – just to see if I can.
**Amazing? No… But it’s nice of Adiba to say so. Tee hee…

This entry was posted in Blogging. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to BEDM* #12: happy birthday, adele!

1. Julia Karr says:

Karen – you vlogged marvelously! Too cute! *hugs*

2. Adiba says:

Kare you are awesome, thank you!

3. Renee Sweet says:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! You look so LOVELY. *crai* I miss you so much!! I demand a bday vlog too!! Oh, this is so cute and special for Adele.

4. Sophia says:

Aww! You have the most wonderful voice, Karen. That was a really sweet post. πŸ™‚

5. Adele says:

You sound brutally hot, not posh at all!

Thank you so much for being part of this Kaz. It was such a surprise and so wonderful that I cannot contain the joy. It is an honour to be the subject of your first vlog – I shall cherish it forever. THANK YOU xx

“Brutally hot”?? I’ll take it!! Cheers, m’dear. πŸ™‚

It was so much fun to do, even though it took me *mumble*ages*mumble* LOL!!

Big hugs and muchos love to you.

6. Carolin says:

Happy birthday, Adele! πŸ˜€

Also, your accent is really cute, Kaz! *g* I love British accents muchly. I miss hearing them, I haven’t been in England since last October! That’s a lovely video. Soooo many books in the background. Yay!

7. Awww, so cute! And I finally got to hear your voice. πŸ™‚ *steals one of the cupcakes*

Happy birthday, Adele!

8. Brian says:

Hoe! Lee! She! It!

That is the worst British accent I’ve ever heard. Boy, you need to work on it, maybe listen to a few Neil Gaiman audio books (read by the author).

BUT… I thought the videos (even yours) were very, very sweet. And your cupcakes looked pretty good, I’m guessing your mum made them.

Anyway, for someone who was nervous about vlogging, you seem pretty relaxed. And love the smile!

Brian

LOL!! Neil Gaiman doesn’t even sound totally British anymore. Heh.

My mum did NOT make them. I… oh, wait… what am I saying. I bought them. *hangs head*

Thanks, Brian. I like to smile. I get to show off my one freaky dimple. πŸ˜‰

9. catie james says:

Haha! I don’t know Adele (Happy belated Birthday Adele), but it was so much fun watching everyone’s birthday vlogs for her. I loved hearing y’alls voices – especially yours Kaz! I just knew you’d have a kick-ass, Brit girl voice. Great fun all around!